Video Wrap from ISAF Emerging Nations Clinic in Mozambique
From 16-22 May 2015, ISAF hosted an Emerging Nations Clinic in Mozambique, Africa to help prepare young sailors to participate at the 2015 ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships.
The Clinic was supported by the 420 Class who funded the involvement of 420 Class appointed expert António Gois, the Portuguese 420 National Coach.
Enjoy this video which gives a flavour of the Emerging Nations Programme and the 420 Class involvement.
The aims of the ISAF Youth Worlds Emerging Nations Programme are:
- to help 'Narrow the performance gap' between nations attending the ISAF Youth Worlds through the provision of pre-event training opportunities for sailors and coaches;
- for ISAF to actively engage with ISAF Member National Authorities (MNAs), encouraging a greater attendance of nations at the ISAF Youth Worlds;
- to enable ISAF Member National Authorities (MNAs) access to a 'development pathway' for young sailors and their coaches, linking the YW ENP to similar projects being developed for the 2018 ISAF World Championships;
- to provide ISAF MNAs with the opportunities to benefit from further development support through IOC Olympic Solidarity funded programmes;
- to empower ISAF MNAs to develop national sail training programmes which will enable independent, un-subsidised attendance at future Youth Worlds events.