ISAF Youth Worlds Emerging Nations Clinic - Asia
Through a seven day intense program, which culminates in a two day regatta, the ENP sailors and coaches will be working on development of skills both on and off the water.
The International 420 Class Association is supporting the ENP with the provision of an expert 420 Class coach. 420 Clinics will also be hosted at:
ISAF will be providing regular updates from the clinic on all social media platforms and using a dedicated #YouthSailing hashtag on Twitter and Instagram in order to promote ENP. The aims of the ISAF Youth Worlds Emerging Nations Programme are:
- to help 'Narrow the performance gap' between nations attending the ISAF Youth Worlds through the provision of pre-event training opportunities for sailors and coaches;
- for ISAF to actively engage with ISAF Member National Authorities (MNAs), encouraging a greater attendance of nations at the ISAF Youth Worlds;
- to enable ISAF Member National Authorities (MNAs) access to a 'development pathway' for young sailors and their coaches, linking the YW ENP to similar projects being developed for the 2018 ISAF World Championships;
- to provide ISAF MNAs with the opportunities to benefit from further development support through IOC Olympic Solidarity funded programmes;
- to empower ISAF MNAs to develop national sail training programmes which will enable independent, un-subsidised attendance at future Youth Worlds events.
Upon completion of each regional performance clinic, attending nations will be encouraged to apply for up to two ISAF Youth Worlds 'ENP Scholarships'. ISAF will provide successful candidates with additional financial support for attendance at the 2015 ISAF Youth Worlds, including travel costs, entry fees and equipment charter.
Find out more about the ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship and ENP Programmes at www.isafyouthworlds.com